Friday, September 15, 2017

Thoughts after hurricane Irma.....

It's four days since hurricane Irma left Naples, FL and I can't help to think thank you!!! Thank you for not being a category 5, which you were predicted to be. Thank you that my family, friends and coworkers are all safe and accounted for. And finally, thank you for the opportunity to spend unexpected time with people I love in the small Naples environment that is a loving and spiritual place that I am so blessed to be a part of.

Prior to Irma's arrival, I prepared by gathering a few items quickly from my closet and as I did, I thought to myself, what if everything I have is destroyed. What do I want to take? My heart said make sure you grab the white Coach purse your brother gave you several years ago at Christmas as well as the Temple St. Clair angel charm your Saks Fifth Ave jewelry department coworkers gave to you with Amy engraved on the back. Amy was my dearest high school friend who passed away ten years ago unexpectedly. It was so kind and thoughtful of my coworkers to do that, I cherish it to this day. Let me say, It's not so much the purse or the charm, yet, I love them both very much. It's that people took the time for me, both items given to me out of love and that is irreplaceable. The gestures of kindness filled me up when I thought of it.

Emerging after the storm two days later because, now it is safe to drive according to the radio. I drive back to my tiny cottage style home from my mother's where I hunkered down with her, my father and my sweet little dog Gemini. When I arrived home I was completely unprepared for what I would see when I opened the gate to my backyard. My backyard was completely destroyed, which frankly my little patio with the beautiful robust fuchsia bougainvillea trellis was the best part of my little bungalow style home. Astonished at what I saw, yet emotionally solid saying to myself, there is nothing I can change about this situation so accepting it will make everything after this moment that much easier to deal with.

So, some lessons for myself during this weeks experience have been, that all material things can be replaced, yet some items hold irreplaceable sentimental value. That time is the most valuable thing in life and cherishing every minute is crucial to a satisfying life. And lastly, that one small gesture of kindness makes both people involved feel good.

Please know that when you come to see me at Provident Jewelry to sell your personal items. I understand the sentimental value and I appreciate that you are coming to see me for assistance. When in our community of Naples you have a choice of where to go and I know that! And with that said, let me show you some jewelry from our estate collection. Items we have purchased or traded from individuals, which means you are getting a great value for your purchase when considering estate items!

In closing, I need to address there were numerous lives lost in hurricane Irma. So, for the casualties that Irma caused, I pray for the families and friends of those individuals, may they find peace.


Rose Gold Oval Diamond Halo Ring - she is elegant!

Diamond Dangle Earrings - she's makes a statement....

Thank you for reading this months blog, it's a privilege to have a voice and be able to share it.





No comments:

Post a Comment