Thursday, May 12, 2016

Heading to GIA for my Gemology Degree....

And so the journey begins in obtaining my Gemologist Degree with concentration on colored stones. The process entails leaving the quaint little town of Naples, FL,  my family, co-workers at Provident Jewelry and two decades of friendships for the next four plus months. Heading to Carlsbad, CA to attend the Gemologist Institute of America where I will be in a classroom setting Monday through Friday from 8am - 3pm learning all about colored stones, new treatments, where the stones originate from and much more. As I contemplate, I am reminded how long it has been since I attended school full time and I assure you, it's several decades.

With a Gemologist Degree I will still be buying, selling & trading jewelry plus able to do appraisals.

My coworkers Alexis, Rachel & Andrew are with me in the photograph below. Thank you all for the support and encouragement as I go out on this adventure to pursue my degree.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited for you and this new adventure. Enjoy your classes and California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne,
      Thanks so much & looks like things are going very well for you on the personal level, overjoyed for you my dear friend! M xo

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and good luck from Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the new adventure! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlise,
      Thank you my friend. Much love to you, M xo

      Delete