Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Play of Color.....

The week begins with Gem Identification basics such as most gems are minerals. Learning about everything from fine, untreated, natural gems to synthetics, imitations and treated stones. The process of gem identification involves the elimination of possibilities through general observation; being a three step process. Then a series of testing with equipment, tools and liquids to narrow the findings to a fit the gem.
It’s been a challenging yet an interesting week. Most of it was challenging, but my experience has been like my golf game. I shoot 15 mediocre holes, 2 good and 2 shots on two of the 19 holes make me think I can actually play. Those two holes give me the willingness and the hope to come back another day giving it another try!
The class consists of 75% of the students from other parts of the world, like China, Thailand, Cambodia and Mexico with the rest from other parts of the country. Majority of them are in their 20’s some in their 30’s with myself and one other woman in our 40’s. I am the oldest and find it funny because in my world in Naples, I tend to be a young person compared to those around me.
Jenny, this lovely and stylish girl from China was helpful to me during our lab this week. In order to connect with her I asked how to say, thank you in Chinese. She told me, “xie xie” her face lit up like a Christmas tree. I could tell she was touch I had made the effort to speak her language. 

One thing discussed was that play of color, which is flashes of spectral colors produced when layers of minute spheres and voids break up white light causing a rainbow effect. It’s summer and we tend to wear bright bold and beautiful colors at this time of year. These stunning fire opal earrings with 2 carats of diamond, 5.36cts of sapphires and 2 opals totaling 7.37 carats are a perfect pair to go with a gorgeous black dress for that date night with the husband or if your a girl like me you’ll wear these with a pair of jeans, simple top and black heels. Additional jewelry wardrobe piece I would choose to add with this would be a white diamond gold bangle keeping with the glamorous look. My feeling when it comes to accessories is pick items that are bold making a statement. These two choices from Provident Jewelry will most certainly make a statement that every woman will be admiring……


No comments:

Post a Comment